Sunday, August 17, 2008

weed

I had planned on going to hempfest with my friend for a few months, but our lives were busy and we hadn't talked about it in weeks. She calls me Saturday morning and asks if I still want to go. So we head down to Seattle.

It was really hot, but thankfully we had water. The speakers were cool and it was very educational. Hemp surely is an amazing plant, useful for virtually everything. We sat down to listen to a half-sucky band every once in awhile. I was going to buy a few hemp bracelets but it kind of slipped my mind. When we got hungry we bought burgers and sat down on the shore looking out at the sound. Then we caught up with eachother. I had a good time.

We didn't get stoned there, but there sure were a lot of people around us taking part in that activity. I'm sure the 2nd hand high I got was enough to make the psychedelic artwork being sold look slightly more interesting.

The event booklet informed me that it was printed with soy-based ink. I was beginning to question why it smelled slightly off...

I have a souvenir. A plastic marijuana lei. It's a good alternative to a traditional lei on any occasion!

The logo here is totally awesome. Looks like a pot farm through a spy glass. And the sunny sky. Like it's saying "Pot for a brighter tomorrow."

No comments: