Tuesday, September 16, 2008

emo culture

Today there was a TA (teacher assistant) in my biology classroom. And I was thinking, "What the hell is wrong with this girl? She looks like she's about to cry." But she wasn't crying, or about to cry. I guess she is just severely depressed. Have we really come to a time when someone can looked obviously clinically depressed and have no one notice? Was she just having a bad day? This is what I thought originally until she started having a conversation with someone in the class. And I swear she was saying normal things, in a normal tone, and her body language was fine, but the facial expression resembled someone who is watching their child wander into a busy highway. It was completely throwing me off. I'll sure watch her more closely from now on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people have very unfortunate faces. Especially teaching assistants. Because they never had enough time, money or smarts to become real teachers and this makes them sadder and sadder every year. They get all the crap of being a teacher with one of the salary or glory.

Chloe Mooney said...

this is hilarious.