Saturday, September 27, 2008

i have (a) soul

"My soul is composed of things about myself which my mind knows, but will never analyze."

What is your soul? My interpretation is that it is the core components to who you are, what you believe in, and how you would act in any given situation compared to others. So, does you soul change? No, but it adapts to what your life situation is currently. Or does it? Maybe it's the same, but you just haven't had the life experience to put more insight into it.

I'm damned if I know what I truly believe, how I truly act and why I do it. Sure I have ideas about this, my mind knows some of it, but will my mind ever analyze WHY I do these things and think these things? Maybe it will make sense generally, but it's not as if everything I believe derived from a memorable experience and epiphany.

Soul is often described as their driving force. "I've got soul." It's used by basketball players and jazz musicians, but why do they have soul? They don't know, it was never analyzed.

It's often described as something entirely linked to religion. In Christianity one's "soul" is eternally damned or ascended to heaven. Why do they have this faith of God? They don't know, it was never analyzed.

No comments: