Sunday, July 27, 2008

at the car wash (woahoohwoahoohwoahoohwoah)

Growing up in suburbia with barely anything expected of me save decent grades, with the addition of having an older brother which any hard work to be done was delegated to by my parents instead of me, I don't think I have actually done as much manual labor in one day in life than I did today. (Ooh that was a long sentence which I don't think is run-on)

Thankfully, by the time the fundraiser car wash for dance team came along, I had almost entirely healed from my soreness from the previous days. My legs kind of still hurt but it's all good.

Both days this weekend I got up to prance around on the side of the road with a sign advertising the wash to passing cars and get soaking wet in my flip-flops and short-shorts as I wash someone's car for free, hoping they'll give me something more than a 5 for the hard work. Some people went without giving any donations and some gave us a 20 without even washing their car, so I suppose it evened out.

I had some bonding time with the director and the girls on the team, hopefully I made enough friends so that I won't be alone in my tent for the camping trip next weekend.

Also, I got a little sunburned the first day. My face is still kind of pink.

No comments: