Friday, July 25, 2008

oh the pain

I guess the workouts we do before dancing at dance practice has finally caught up with me. I woke up and everything hurt. Everything.
My legs, arms, butt, back, shoulders, and worst of all my neck. I tried to stretch it off, but I then realized that I was seriously strained.
I had been sore the previous day from certain aerobic exercises we did that day, and I had been a little tense so I massaged myself wherever it hurt yesterday. I'm not sure if it made it worse for today, or if it saved me even more pain, but it felt good at the time, so I'm glad I did.
I took a very slow hot bath that relaxed some muscles, but the neck and back still ache. I took some pain medication and it's probably working but I don't know how much. It was kind of distracting so I forgot to eat until 1 in the afternoon. And now I'm sitting with my back straight and a warm sweater and a cushion, trying not to move my neck in any radical way. I guess I'll just have to let it heal.

On the brighter side of things, the regular dance practice is doing wonders. I think I'll be really ripped by the end of summer.

No comments: