Friday, July 18, 2008

detachment

I don't feel particularly attached to the people on So You Think You Can Dance as I have in past seasons. Perhaps it's because I missed one or two episodes, perhaps it's because I am more interested in the dancing recently than the tone of dancing, if you understand. Perhaps I have grown past the stage of childish care for these complete stranger's lives, which most adults have not grown past.
It is more for the education of the show than the entertainment of the dancers being knocked off week by week and the performance of the routines. Hell, I even watch the results show, having much more actual dancing than American Idol had singing on their results show.

But it is a wonderful show if you haven't seen it.

I save the character relating and apprehension and suspense for the shows I watch specifically for that--including House. The others escape my mind for the moment.

1 comment:

Nocella Clan said...

I remember the time you posted on my blog and freaked me out, because I didn't know you. Obviously I had never exprienced the "random" blog button. Thanks for the memories! Good times.