Monday, July 14, 2008

there's a sparrow in it for you

My dad drove the family 65 miles north, over halfway to Canada, to go to a state park and look at birds. While there we also ended up driving up a hill that they claimed to be a mountain and took pictures of ourselves at the top of the cliff drop-off.

The drive wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I barely managed to read a few pages of the book I was expecting to plow through that day, somehow I can never read in the car with the radio and people talking and the outside to gaze at indefinitely.

It was mostly pleasant despite the argument we had about the highway exit. The blues and jazz coming out of the radio throughout the drive gave a calming effect and had the equivalency of fun when we started singing along to our favorite Eva Cassidy and BB King songs. That's part of what I like about my family, there are some music genres we can agree upon. Classic rock is also among those.
On the sight tower we had almost a full 180 degree view out into the lake and across to the mountains. My first instinct was "Wow it looks just like the Imax theatre!" That got a chuckle out of the group.

We took a little stroll (or a hike as they referred to it) on the trail near the park. It only could have been one or two miles long, didn't take that long to go the full circle just ambling. Before that we had had a large lunch which took care of breakfast for the day, dinner that night, and most of breakfast the following day. It was large indeed.

No comments: